Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Fazura set her sights on the fashion business (12 PICS)

“As of now, this is my top priority and acting will be my second job.” - Nur Fazura Sharifuddin
Nur Fazura Sharifuddin is a classic Malay beauty with a heart-stopping smile.

Known for her extensive collection of Louboutin heels, her style and fashion sense are admired by many.

So it came as no surprise when she decided to open her own boutique, dedicated to fans who wished to dress like her.

“I’ve had fans asking me about my clothes and where I get them. Now everything I wear can be found at House Of Doll,” she says at the opening of her fashion boutique.

She wants House Of Doll to be intimate and distinctive. “I told the interior designer that I wanted it to be personal, for my fans. The boutique feels like my own walk-in closet where you can take my dress home and dress like me,” she says, explaining why it is called House Of Doll instead of Doll Boutique.

Themed purple and pink with a cushy purple sofa in the centre, House Of Doll is every girl’s dream walk-in closet.

But why Doll?



“As a little girl I liked dolls. I wanted to be a doll,” she says.

NEW ADDITION

Her boutique is located in Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur. It’s a bold move as there are so many boutiques in the area. “I’ve always loved Bangsar. I shop here all the time. I think this place is very hip for fashion,” says Fazura who plans to launch her own perfume soon.

Her boutique offers funky accessories, glittery clutches, a wide array of tops and dresses but not shoes (which is a bit odd considering her excellent taste in footwear).

“I love shoes but I don’t have the talent to make shoes. If we were to make shoes, the quality has to be top notch. I want them to be comfortable and beautiful and that is not an easy task,” she says.


There are vintage dresses, work blouses, kaftans and even headscarves. Besides formal and daily wear, House Of Doll has a range of clothes which Fazura refers to as “couture dresses”. They are designed by her in collaboration with designer Rizman Ruzaini.

“Rizman is very creative and we think alike. It is easy to work with him because he understands me and knows what I like,” she says.

While most of the clothes are produced in China, some are ready-made items that tickled her fancy on her travels.

LEARNING CURVE

Even though she does not have any business background, the Nutox and Lux ambassador is keen to learn about entrepreneurship from family and friends.


“I get help from my brother who has experience in the business world,” she says.

Although she will start filming again soon, her boutique is not just an experiment or a hobby. “As of now, this (House Of Doll) is my top priority and acting will be my second job.”

Setting up the business was no walk in the park but Fazura remains optimistic. “There were a lot of obstacles especially in the last few days prior to the launch but it did not stop me. In fact, I am not very happy with some of the clothing material but I see this as room for improvement.”



Designer dresses aside, Fazura describes herself as “the girl-next-door type”.

“I like leggings, oversized shirts and cute tops. The best thing to do is to wear something that you love and never go overboard. Just keep it simple,” she says, naming Julien Macdonald and Stella McCartney as her favourite international fashion designers.

She also believes that women should be financially independent. “We must not depend on anyone else. Anything can happen and we should have something that we can fall back on.”
Get dolled up!

House Of Doll is at 10 Jalan Telawi 3, Bangsar Baru, Kuala Lumpur.
It is open everyday from 10.30am to 8.30pm.
Prices range between RM79.90 to RM500 for normal items. Couture dresses by Fazura and Rizman can cost up to RM2,000.
If you’re lucky, you might catch the beautiful Fazura at the cashier’s counter.






6 comments: