Monday, July 9, 2012

Mizz Nina on the World Stage Sunway Lagoon July 14


Local hip-hop artiste Mizz Nina will be right up there with Justin Bieber and Jay Park at the MTV World Stage 2012 concert.

At the coming MTV World Stage 2012 concert, thousands of music fans are expected to flock to the Surf Beach @ Sunway Lagoon to watch their favourite artistes take to the stage on July 14.

The line-up for the event kicks off with teen heartthrob Justin Bieber, who will share the stage with K-Pop stars Jay Park and KARA. Representing Malaysia alongside these international acts is local hip-hop trailblazer Mizz Nina.

Formerly with local group Teh Tarik Crew, Mizz Nina has come into her own as a solo performer, and has collaborations with artistes like Colbie O'Donis and Flo Rida under her belt.

In an interview with theSun, Mizz Nina spoke about how excited she was to be a part of MTV World Stage 2012.

"It's always been a dream of mine to perform for MTV," she said. "So, I'm pressuring myself to make sure I give a great show. And pressuring everyone around me, too!"

She also shared details of her performance for the night.

"It's a little longer than the performance I usually do, about half an hour," she said. "I'll be performing a couple of new songs from my new album, and one song which I've not released yet. It will be performed for the first time [at World Stage]. That's the special one.


"And I've also got lots of good dancers, local and international as well. So, expect a dynamic performance from me."

Her second album, Take Over, sees her going in a new musical direction, infusing dance and pop into her songs.

"It's a fun album, full of energy, and like my first album, it's really all about life, relationships and about real people and real things that we go through," she explained. "But one theme that remains in both albums is girl power."

If hip-hop were completely taken out of the equation, what genre of music would she be most willing to try?

After a lengthy consideration, Mizz Nina replied: "I've always wondered what it would be like to be the lead singer of a heavy metal band. Like, out-and-out rock. I've never done that. It's something that's not really me, but I would like to try it just for fun.

"Of course, I'd probably need some help from my hubby [Noh, lead singer of rock group Hujan]. He's into rock music, so I can get a lot of tips from him."

After her MTV World Stage performance, she plans on taking a break for Hari Raya, following which she will embark on a tour of other Southeast Asian countries like Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand.

"Hopefully by then, I would have reached out to more people through my appearance on MTV World Stage, so more people would know about me and hopefully come to my shows," she said.

"And from there, I hope it's going to open more doors for me to perform in other countries. So for me I would really like to spread my wings and perform for different audiences in different countries and test my music there."

No comments:

Post a Comment